We represent plaintiffs and defendants in complex civil cases. As seasoned trial lawyers, we approach each civil dispute with a strategy built around how to win the case at trial. Where possible, we use this approach to assist in reaching better negotiated solutions. We also have substantial experience in handling civil litigation that runs parallel to government enforcement cases.
- RKA Film Financing, LLC in a legal malpractice action against Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP and Howard Schickler in New York State Supreme Court, Commercial Division. A copy of the complaint may be found here
- A U.K.-based distributor in both a preliminary injunction application in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio and an arbitration before the International Chamber of Commerce brought by a US-based manufacturer.
- The co-founder of a private equity firm in an ownership dispute, in which our client was locked out and purportedly terminated for cause. After being engaged, we acted quickly to protect our client’s rights. The dispute was settled shortly before initiating litigation
- SolarCity Corporation in a federal theft-of-trade-secrets action brought against a former SolarCity employee and a competing firm. A copy of the complaint may be found here
REPRESENTATIVE MATTERS AT PRIOR FIRMS
- A defendant pharmaceutical company in federal MDL litigation involving two state jury trials resulting in complete defense verdicts
- A global financial services company in a two-month federal civil trial involving breach of contract and fraud claims resulting in a complete defense verdict
- A hedge fund in a series of lawsuits and arbitrations brought by, and initiated against, former investors
- The CEO of a major financial institution in a securities fraud class action